The Student Council is made up of a range of students from across all year groups and is led by the Head Boy and Girl Team. There are approximately 30 students on the council. The council meet every month to discuss issues and concerns raised by either the student body or the Senior Leadership Team. In the past this has included uniform, tutor time and charity events.
How does the council work?
- Head boy and girl team meet with the Head Teacher to set the council agenda
- Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl organise the meeting – a time and venue are determined, and students from the lower school are informed. External speakers are invited to talk to students.
- Council meet to discuss issues and concerns set in the agenda. (Head Boy and Girl team will meet with small groups to start with, and then they will come together as a full council)
- Deputy Head Boy and Girl write minutes of the meeting and share these with the Head Teacher
- Head Boy and Girl team will meet with the Head Teacher to discuss the minutes, and the Head Teacher responds.
- Head Teacher’s response is shared with Student Council members and then disseminated to the rest of the school through tutor time.